Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS), Assemblymember Raul Bocanegra and Pacoima Neighborhood Council Team Up For Neighborhood Pride Day
Los Angeles, CA – March 4, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — At first glance, Pacoima looks like any other quaint neighborhood. What makes this community different is that it’s located in an area that has been significantly affected by the foreclosure crisis. Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS) along with Assemblymember Raul Bocanegra, the Pacoima Neighborhood Council and over 100 residents and volunteers will join together with paint brushes, brooms and shovels to beautify a block in Pacoima, CA on Saturday, March 2, 2013 for Neighborhood Pride Day.
Since 1984, NHS has hosted Neighborhood Pride Day events throughout Los Angeles County. NHS neighborhood resource coordinators are coordinating one event per month throughout neighborhoods in the Los Angeles County for this year. “Neighborhood revitalization activities like these have always been critical to the well-being of our communities,” said Lori Gay, President and CEO of NHS. “The foreclosure crisis has made these kinds of events essential to restore the quality of life to neighborhoods that has been weakened by economic hardship.” The work done during Neighborhood Pride Day creates a visible difference in the appearance of the neighborhood. This helps to attract new homeowners and allows existing residents to see that progress is taking place in their community.
Join us at our first Pride Day of 2013 and support our effort to provide families with minor home repairs, debris removal, light landscaping and exterior house painting. The houses chosen showed signs of deferred maintenance and without the help of NHS they may have not been able to afford these home improvements. This free service is offered to families in Los Angeles County during Neighborhood Pride Day. Homes are chosen on the same street to create a visible improvement in the community and to help strengthen neighborhood pride.
EVENT: Neighborhood Pride Day
WHEN: Saturday, March 2, 2013
TIME: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
WHERE: 10115 Haddon Ave, Pacoima, CA 91331
About NHS of Los Angeles County
NHS is the largest, non-profit, affordable homeownership provider in Southern California. Since 1984, NHS has reinvested more than $2.43 billion into neighborhoods throughout the county. As a part of our work, we have developed and rehabilitated more than 13,000 housing and commercial units, put 2.47 million families on the road to homeownership, created 175 block clubs, and employed 200 neighborhood youth.
Communications & Development Specialist
NHS of Los Angeles County
3926 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Toll Free: 888-89-52NHS (647) Office: 213-381-2862 ext. 218 Fax: 213-381-2666
lgonzalez (at) lanhs (dot) org
No related posts.
- Brown Directs Nation’s Fourth Largest Home Lender to Suspend Foreclosures Until It Proves It Is Complying with the Law
- Low mortgage rates fail to perk California home sales in October
- HUD Secretary Julian Castro to keynote C.A.R. Summit
- Pending home sales reverse five-month decline to tick higher in September
- 41 California Organizations Urge CFPB To Increase HMDA Transparency
- California home sales maintain pace in September as price gains temper and market balances
- California Board of Accountancy Elects Michael Savoy as Vice President
- AMB Property Corporation(R) to Hold Analyst/Investor Forum on Tuesday, September 18, 2007
- Conforming loan limits extended through 2010
- Verdict One Releases Directory of Board Certified Attorneys for Consumers
- Inglewood Board of REALTORS® offers Clarus MarketMetrics® as a member benefit
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- STARK LAUDS EXTENSION OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- REMINDER: Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- C.A.R. reports California home sales rise in December, posting seven-month sales high