WASHINGTON, DC – July 19, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Congresswoman Laura Richardson announced that the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) awarded more than $2.3 million in homeless prevention grants to non-profit community agencies in Long Beach and Los Angeles as part of its expanding Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program.
“I am pleased that this grant award will enable organizations in Long Beach and Los Angeles to improve the lives of our veterans and their families,” said Congresswoman Laura Richardson. “These brave men and women fought tirelessly and sacrificed for their country. It is our duty to
fight for their wellbeing upon their return to the United States,” stated Congresswoman Richardson.
The goal of the VA’s SSVF program is to improve the housing stability of low-income Veteran families. The grantees in California’s 37th District will provide supportive services to approximately 800 families living in or transitioning to permanent housing. The grant award recipients are listed below:
· $1,000,000 to the Salvation Army to serve approximately 410 households in Los Angeles County.
· $950,000 to People Assisting the Homeless (PATH) to serve approximately 300 households in Los Angeles County.
· $389,790 to Mental Health America of Los Angeles to serve approximately 100 households in Long Beach.
“As a member of the Veterans Caucus, I understand the importance of providing stability to those who served our country. I will continue to work to ensure this remains a priority in Washington,” Congresswoman Richardson said.
Congresswoman Richardson is a Democrat from California’s 37th Congressional District. She is
a member of the House Committees on Transportation & Infrastructure and
Homeland Security. Her district includes Long Beach, Compton, Carson, Watts,
Willowbrook and Signal Hill. She is chair of the Homeland Security Subcommittee
on Emergency Communications, Preparedness, and Response.
No related posts.
- Brown Directs Nation’s Fourth Largest Home Lender to Suspend Foreclosures Until It Proves It Is Complying with the Law
- July pending home sales lose steam; share of equity sales expands further
- California Investment Firm Takes Chandler Iridium Facility for $12.7M
- Rep. Peters’ Statement on President’s Further Actions to Reform VA, Improve Economic Opportunities for Servicemembers
- Professional Community Association Managers Are Champions for HOA Success
- Congresswoman Susan Davis Announces $1 Million for San Diego to Combat Homelessness Among Veterans
- California Board of Accountancy Elects Michael Savoy as Vice President
- AMB Property Corporation(R) to Hold Analyst/Investor Forum on Tuesday, September 18, 2007
- Conforming loan limits extended through 2010
- Verdict One Releases Directory of Board Certified Attorneys for Consumers
- Inglewood Board of REALTORS® offers Clarus MarketMetrics® as a member benefit
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- STARK LAUDS EXTENSION OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- REMINDER: Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- C.A.R. reports California home sales rise in December, posting seven-month sales high