Eshoo Announces $1.2 Million in Funding for Veteran Housing Assistance Programs in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties
WASHINGTON, D.C. – July 18, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Rep. Anna G. Eshoo (D-Palo Alto) announced today that Goodwill Industries in Santa Clara County and Shelter Network of San Mateo County together were awarded $1.2 million in funding from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for housing programs assisting homeless veterans. The grants were awarded under the VA’s Supportive Services for Veterans Families program.
“When veterans return home, our commitment to ensuring they have life’s basic necessities, from health care to housing, must be unwavering,” Rep. Eshoo said. “These awards will go a long way to assist our returning veterans and their families who have made such enormous sacrifices for our country.”
Goodwill Industries was awarded over $400,000 for its plans to serve approximately 52 participant households. Shelter Network was awarded over $800,000 in funding for its plans to serve approximately 300 participant households.
Under the grants, homeless providers will offer veterans and their family members outreach, case management, assistance in obtaining VA benefits and assistance in getting other public benefits. They can also offer temporary financial assistance on behalf of veterans for rent payments, utility payments, security deposits and moving costs.
No related posts.
- Brown Directs Nation’s Fourth Largest Home Lender to Suspend Foreclosures Until It Proves It Is Complying with the Law
- Rep. McNerney Writes Bipartisan Bill to Aid Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
- Low interest rates fail to spark August home sales; home prices continue to increase despite improving housing inventory
- Rep. Peters Challenges ‘Early Dismissal’; Demands Vote to Protect Pregnant Workers
- LA County Helps Flood-Prone Homeowners Prepare for Storm Season
- CHF|CIRB Releases July 2014 Housing Statistics
- California Board of Accountancy Elects Michael Savoy as Vice President
- AMB Property Corporation(R) to Hold Analyst/Investor Forum on Tuesday, September 18, 2007
- Conforming loan limits extended through 2010
- Verdict One Releases Directory of Board Certified Attorneys for Consumers
- Inglewood Board of REALTORS® offers Clarus MarketMetrics® as a member benefit
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- STARK LAUDS EXTENSION OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- REMINDER: Royce to Host Combat Fraud Forum
- C.A.R. reports California home sales rise in December, posting seven-month sales high